Unable to download HitFilm Express Installer (Mac)

I have been trying to download the HitFilm Express Installer but every time I do, I get a message saying "The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." I haven't been able to find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• edited December 2018

Same here. Impossible to install.

My laptop:

MacOS Mojave 10.14.1

2.6GHz Intel Core i7

RAM 16GB

Graphic Card Radeon Pro 450 2GB.

• AdyAdy Staff
    edited December 2018

@LeeDiaz & @astrorondon ;

Sorry you are getting an installation error. The good news is that HitFilm still installed correctly, and will run normally on your computer.

The failure is occurring in the BorisFX 3D Objects component, and those effects will not be available in HitFilm at this time. We apologise for the inconvenience, and we are working closely with BorisFX to find and implement a solution as quickly as we can.

In the mean time, please try launching HitFilm, and let me know if you run into any further problems.

• Ok thanks, i appreciate the help.

• This problem should now be resolved with the latest HitFilm Express update, 11.1.

• I don't know what the people at Hitfilm would say, but this is my next suggestion for you.
    Once again, the solution below is based on previous experience of programs not installing properly.

I would also temporarily turn OFF your Virus Protector program.
    If it is too aggressive, it can screw up program install files.

You need to do a deep removal of all mentions of Hitfilm on your computer.