Drag and drop any item to timeline is not working

edited December 2018 in Express Support

Hello Guys,

I am working on HitFilmExpress_x64_11.0.8319.47197

While working on this version i found that i was not able to drag and drop any media item to timeline. i have uninstalled and reinstalled software  to overcome this issue.

I am using windows 10 machine with I7 processor, 16gb RAM, more than 300 gb empty space.

Please do let me know what can I do to resolve this issue as i am new to this tool.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Are you dragging and dropping from the Media Bin onto the Timeline or are you dragging and dropping from a File Folder directly onto the Timeline? You should be able to drag and drop from a File Folder into the Media Bin, and you should be able to drag and drop from the Media Bin onto the Timeline / Composite Shot, but you cannot drag and drop from a File Folder directly to the Timeline.

• Assuming it's not what @FilmSensei mentioned, what type of file(s) are exhibiting this problem? Is it everything, or just some stuff?

• Thanks all for your input but i am trying to drag item like Jpg and mp4 files from media bin to timeline. It was working well till the time I created half of the video. But after a restart it stopped working. So not sure what exactly went wrong. 

• I'm having the same issue, I can preview all of my media but it wont drag and drop into the tracks (audio or video). I have updated my express, re-downloaded it, started a new project, and still my Images and audio wont even show dragging and dropping.

• @NightStrikerStudios I deleted your other thread on this same topic as redundant  especially as you've posted here..

@vinay_k82 and NightStriker, what is your CPU, GPU, OS, RAM and storage? Are your GPU drivers current? Have you run all critical OS updates?