Lost... Need some clearer guidance for using the software

edited October 2018 in Imerge Support

Hi!

I installed the trial version of Imerge Pro. As there is no real tutorial, I had no idea of the workflow. The user manual seems to be a joke.

I have 2 images, a girl on a blue screen and a forest background. I apply a chromakey effect on the image with the girl, but there are 2 problems. First, a part of her head is transparent, I see a tree behind. Second, I have artifacts on the girl image, and I do not know how to delete them. Very easy in Photoshop,  no idea how to that with Imerge.

I am happy that this is a trial version.

Comments

• edited October 2018

Each time i use a new software, i'm facing similar issues and most of them indicates a lack of experience.

It's quite easy for me to do miracles with other software, but that's only because i have the necessary experience with them.

The truth in the case of Imerge is that, yes, we need some short and simple Tutorials, because user manuals in pdf, can't be read as pleasant as a printed book.

• rikkiloadesrikkiloades Staff
    edited October 2018

Hello @HitFilmer95434 ;

We will be improving the user guide and making tutorials over time. Let us know if you have any specific requests on what we cover first. 

Based on your description it sounds like the keying is detecting red as the screen color to key rather than blue on one of the "Auto" settings. This will occur when there is more red than there is green or blue in the image as the way the auto works is to essentially work out whether there is more red, green or blue. You might want to change it to manual and then select a blue from the green screen near the edge of your subject (usually you want to pick one around complex edges like hair).

I'm not entirely sure what the artefacts are that you mention, but if the keying does not remove parts of the image that you want it to because they are "outside" the blue screen then you can use one of the masks on the layer in combination to remove them. A vector mask is the most flexible tool here. If you have a screenshot you can share highlighting the problems we should be able to help further. Even better, if you send us your project file and media we can take a look and advise much better - send it here https://fxhome.com/ask.

Have a great day an we look forward to any further feedback. 

• Thanks for the answers!

Yes, Proteas, you’re right, tutorials are missed.  Probably things will be clearer, with them.

Rikkiloades, the strength of the product is, at least it is announced like that, photo composition. It seems evident that the first tutorials should cover in depth various aspects of masking, like chroma key, and other masks, in my opinion. If we, users, do not master this part, all the other functions are useless.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll send to you the project file.