why this new product, like photokey? Can it fix camera shake effects?

why this new product, like photokey? a Chromakey remover....?

Can it fix camera shake effects like Topaz or do better? Ad this for sure to the feature upcoming list.
Cartoon effects? Or what kind of filters can we still expect?

Sorry, but 'm not that impressed so far... I have not the wow effect so far like i had of what the guys from affinity do well with affinity photo even in a first version launch.

even at a cheaper intro price, i don't see a reason why i would buy this in a time that 's full of cheap photo soft available.  Luminar, On1 Photo,...
The features seems not there, or 'm missing some stuff that 's not clear from the samples on the introduction page.

Comments

• rikkiloadesrikkiloades Staff
    edited September 2018

Hi @fixme12

Thank you for your feedback. Do let us know what you feel is missing and what would be useful for you. I would encourage you to try the demo out (a bit more if you have already) as once you use it you might start to see where its really useful. Our user guide also has some helpful information: https://fxhome.com/reference-manuals/imerge-pro (note we will be expanding on this as we go forward).

The overall summary is that Imerge is intended to be a flexible and powerful photo compositor. It takes influences from both the photo and video landscapes and could be used in many scenarios. It does some things differently, but not so differently its not easy to learn.It also combines a lot of capability in one application.

It also entirely uses the GPU do do its image processing - it doesnt just use the GPU to accelerate certain parts. This means sometimes it can be much faster.

All image processing is done in 16-bit, even if your sources are 8-bit. All functionality is present in16-bit too. This means two things primarily:

• images will retain quality for much longer as you manipulate them.
    • with 8-bit images can have millions of colors, with 16-bit you can have billions of colors. While you might not be able to see the difference, this makes a difference as you start to edit things.

Imerge has world class Chroma keying built in with some particularly useful tools like lightwrap and color matching the background. On top of that it has Luminance Key which will allow you to key subjects of white and black backgrounds like stock.

Have a look at how the layers and content work. Layers can have content variations meaning you can try out different images (and text) in your compositing stack (this is also used to allow you to batch export variations). Adjustment layers can have any number of effects and react to any changes in the content below them.

Some effects you might want to check out are: Clarity (the structure helps you to sharpen images in a halo free way), Color Adjustment, Saturation Editor, Tone Coloring and Dehaze.

Take a look at the masks, some are fairly standard like Gradient, Area and Vectors. But have a look at the color selection and luminance. You tell the mask what you want to select and it generates a mask based on the layer's content. Whats nice about this is when you change the content the mask isnt a fixed set of pixels, it updates itself.

As you do all this, note how no change is ever being baked in. You're not asked to redo work when you want to change something on a layer below and its the default way of working. The original editable effect is always there and ready to adjust to your artistic desires.

The user interface has been designed to allow you to express what you want as fast as you can and have one place to go for each thing. It's intended to be easy enough to use for a newcomer, but the power a pro needs is still there and not too hidden away.