Welcome to Imerge Support

edited September 2018 in Imerge Support

Roll up, roll up! Get all your Imerge support here.

This is a place for all your technical queries and software issues relating to the world’s first non-destructive RAW image compositor. You can breathe easy knowing that mistakes and setbacks are welcomed not ridiculed, and the undo button is just a click away.  On occasion, our developers will weigh in and ensure you have everything you need to get the most out of Imerge Pro.

Now let’s get keying!

Comments

• Did this just roll out today?  I've seen nothing about it until now, and cannot wait to get home and download the trial and take it for a spin.  It sounds awesome and tailored to what I do the most. 

• rikkiloadesrikkiloades Staff
    edited September 2018

It did roll out today. The demo can be found here: https://fxhome.com/imerge-pro/demo (its fully functional with no limitations other than a watermark on export so do try it out). Let us know how you get on!

• Ah, that's Interesting, as all the videos on the Photo Key 8 Pro webpage were for Photo Key 7 Pro and are 3 years old - now removed, but still on the Photo Key 8 YouTube page - I assumed FXHome had given up on Image Processing software. What's it in competition with?

• Imerge -- it's a great name.

But does it Adobe-die when the subscription ends?  The explainer text is unclear:

"Buy Imerge Pro now and get 12 months of free updates, customer support, access to community forums, and a lifelong membership to the FXhome family."

• @Davlon I think subscription is an incorrect word. It's your word.

Their words...12 months of free updates and support. No subscription.

I license terms read exactly like the Hitfilm Pro terms. You always keep the software and it always works. You only get updates for one year after purchase (features and fixes).

• @NormanPCN ;

Thank you -- I didn't see that text.  Excellent.

So this begs the question -- with the FXHome dev resources now launching/supporting another project, will Hitfilm updates happen less often?  

edited September 2018

@Davlon Imerge Pro has been built, and will continue to be built by a separate team to the HitFilm team. Of course there is crossover and we help each other out but distinct resource is being provided.

To confirm what @NormalPCN has said, you will not be locked out of Imerge on the day your support and updates expire. You can continue to use the version released at that time and only if you want new updates/support will you need to renew.

• @rikkiloades ;

Okay -- it's good to know Imerge is part of a company expansion.  My concern was that the features we're waiting for (on the Wish List) would be shuttled in favor of the new product.  

• Hello, I've just installed Imerge Pro and it want run,  I keep getting and error. The error is

Imerge Pro.exe-Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point clEnqueueFillBuffer could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenCL.dll.

Please Help...  :)    Thanks in advance...  Gerard!

• @Canonista48 I ran into a similar problem during beta testing. I had out of date GPU drivers, so I would suggest checking those first. 

• @Triem23,  I checked and it is up to date  :(

•  Hi @Canonista48, what graphics card do you have? What operating system are you using? Is it crashing on launch or when you create a new project. If it opens to the home screen. Try pressing ctrl/cmd +d the. Copy the diagnostics info in here for us. 

• edited September 2018

Intel Core i7   ,  16 GD ram   ,  64 BIt Operating System.   NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M.

Imerge Pro does not launch at all. When I click the  Imerge icon to start it up I get this error message in a popup

(Imerge Pro.exe-Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point clEnqueueFillBuffer could not be located in the dynamic link library OpenCL.dll.) 

edited September 2018

Hi @Canonista48. Looking at your GPU specification it supports OpenCL 1.1: https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-630m/specifications. Unfortunately Imerge requires a GPU which works with OpenCL 1.2 or higher: https://fxhome.com/imerge-pro/features/#requirements.

•  I don't know much about that. Is it something I can update/upgrade?

@ rikkiloades  thanks for your help  

• @Canonista48 an Nvidia 630m indicates the computer is a laptop. The manufacturing requirements of laptops - taking a huge box of PC parts and cramming them into a small chassis - means the GPU is not upgradable. Unfortunately your options come down to "get a newer laptop."

• Hey @Canonista48. Out of interest you mention you have a "Intel Core i7" CPU. Do you know what the full model name for that is? And what brand and model is the laptop? If you cant easily see any more information from Windows itself then CPU-Z might help you identify the model https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html. The full model name would be something like "Intel Core i7 4600K" - the extra part of the end tells a lot about the CPU itself.

•  Hey @rikkiloades. I have a  HP 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.20GHz

I saw that Imerge only runs on windows 8.1 or newer, I have windows 7 still, so I think it's not supported.  :(

Thanks for youe help tho  :)

• @rikkiloades @Canonista48 ;

Two notes. 

First, the CPU on the laptop is an Intel HD 4000 which DOES support Open CL 1.2. Your machine should have software (Nvidia GPU Manager?) to force Imerge to use the HD 4000 instead of the Nvidia 630m. That might get you up and running. Just double check your Intel HD 4000 drivers, because it was the Intel causing the problem for me. 

Second - this is a guess, but Hitfilm dropped Win 7 because a) issues with High-DPI scaling and b) Win 7 is End of Life and no longer supported by Microsoft. Imerge might have the same design logic. It's probable that it's not an OS issue, but triple-checking that Intel driver and forcing Imerge to use the HD 4000 over the Nvidia will get you running. Mods aren't FXHOME staff, so I'm guessing here, but my guesses are usually pretty close. 

• @Triem , How would you force  Imerge to use the HD 4000 over the Nvidia ?

And I know I need a new laptop,  Grrrrrr!  lol  :)

• Well i guess it doesn't matter what I do,  It does not work.   

Thanks everybody for your help  :)

• edited September 2018

Quick little side question: what's the official pronunciation of "Imerge"? Is it "EYE-merge," or more like "ih-MERGE" (kind of a mashup of "image" and "emerge")?

• @jsbarrett good question. Maybe it's the omnipresence of Apple, but I've assumed "EYE-merge," and have to occasionallyavoid the urge to type "iMerge." ;-)

• @Triem23 I had also assumed the "EYE-merge" option at first, but "ih-MERGE" feels more comfortable.

• @jsbarrett It does work either way. Now that you mention it, I do think "ih-MERGE" is better. You called it as a portmanteau. Plus, you gave me a good excuse to use "portmanteau" in conversation.

edited September 2018

@jsbarrett and @Triem23 - we've been pronouncing it "ih-MERGE" like saying Image but switching the "a" for "er".

• The PhotoKey 8 Pro site now says "Now includes IMERGE Pro worth $149" and I have a current license for PhotoKey Pro 8 (which is *also* now listed as "Legacy Software"). 

So, I'm curious... If Photo Key Pro 8 includes IMERGE Pro, and I have a current valid license for Photo Key 8 Pro, why is FXHome forcing me to pay for an upgrade?

I'm assuming IMERGE is *replacing* PhotoKey, Correct?