Difference Between Hitfilm 4 Express and Express 2017

What is the difference between the two? I don't buy or download add on pacs. I know that they are two different applications, however I don't want to uninstall an application and download literally the same thing again.

So what is the difference between the two?

Comments

• HitFilm 4 Express is  HitFilm 4. HitFilm Express 2017 is HitFilm 5 - ie. a newer version.

Off the top of my head, HitFilm 2017 added an export queue (so you can export stuff all in one go instead of one at a time), the ability to add VFR (variable frame rate) footage to a timeline, and new audio controls...

there's other stuff too, but I can't remember what was new in Express 2017 so instead I'll point you toward a video that was made around the time that Express 2017 was first released. This should have more detail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc0yZpgUybA

• @Vegetel ; FWIW, you don't "have" to uninstall Hitfilm 4 Express to install Hitfilm 2017 Express unless it's an issue of hard space on your system.  There can be numerous versions installed at one time (but only 1 can run at a time) in case you have a need to switch back and forth for personal reasons.  Like say, keeping your 4 while you check out the 2017 to see if you like it...

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Most importantly, you can't get 4 Express anymore. I mean you can download the demo, but you can't get an activation code anymore. 

• Got it, thanks!

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment