Film Sensei's Stuff: Light Trail Swirling Around Someone in HitFilm Express (Nov 15, 2019)

Comments

• Check out my newest tutorial... Animated Make Human Models in HitFilm!

https://youtu.be/mBdfR_YnoUA

• Very nice. :)

• I am testing out a new live broadcast system, and I am thinking about doing a 25 minute Live Q&A Broadcast on my YouTube channel today. Would anyone like to be a guest?

• Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh…, yeah. :)

and tonight's guest on the tonight show... :)

• @spydurhank, I would love to have you as a live guest. People watching can ask questions in the comments and we would answer them. I am thinking about keeping it fairly open as to what can be asked. I am pretty flexible on the time. What do you think?

Everyone else, I have room for multiple guests. Would anyone else be interested in joining?

• Cool @FilmSensei ,

I can talk about anything and everything except, being a Beta tester for Fxhome software other than to say I'm a Beta tester for Fxhome software. I'm cool with whatever time you choose. :)

• @spydurhank Awesome! We'll keep the discussion to HitFilm 2 Ultimate just to be safe. Just kidding! Lol! :)

How about 2:00 pm EST?

Anyone else want to join us?

• Yeah that is cool, I can talk about Hitfilm stuff all day long, just not the super secret stuff that I'm not supposed to talk about. :)

2:00pm is just fine and thank you Jay for the invite to your show and yes please, others should join us... please? :)

• @spydurhank, Alright, thanks Frank! We are all set. I will need to privately send you a link to the "green room" of the broadcast. We can meet about 5 minutes before we start to set things up. How do you want me to send it to you?

Does anybody want to join us? You can be on camera or not be on camera and just be a voice... your choice! Also, you can elect to share your screen if you feel you want to demo something, or you don't have to... again, your choice! I would love to have a second or third person in the the Q&A. Please let me know!

https://youtu.be/EkHoxI4DYCc

• E-mail is cool @FilmSensei , thanks, I look forward to it. :)

• Frank I will email it to you. Join us everyone!

https://youtu.be/EkHoxI4DYCc

• Thanks Jay. :)

• edited September 7

Thanks to everyone who participated in the live stream! :)

• edited September 7

@FilmSensei ; Jay, didn't want to mention it during the stream but your sound went wonky several times.  Don't know if it's related to your new software or a connection issue.  It reminded me of the way this one Trolls character talks that the granddaughter watches obsessively that's all sparkley :)

EDIT: He's at the end of this clip :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPmHFr16UU8

• @tddavis I haven't watched the broadcast, but I will review it today and provide feedback to the developers of the application. That's for letting me know!

• @tddavis I reviewed the whole live stream and made copious notes. I found that ten different times did the audio become garbled. That is in addition to the two times that my camera cut out for no reason that I can pinpoint. I have supplied this information to the devs of the application I used for their feedback. Hopefully, we will get it worked out! I really like the application, and I would love to keep using it. Thanks again for your input!

I am looking for guests to be on next week's show. Anybody want to join me? :)

• @FilmSensei ; Glad I could help.  As for being a guest....er, no thank you :)  I don't know enough of anything of interest to anyone and I would not do well in that milieu plus I would sound like an utter hillbilly.  @Triem23 would make a super guest though...hint hint, Mike.

• @tddavis Wait... I thought you were in Colorado. No?

I am originally from Colorado, but people have said that I have developed a little twang in my accent since moving to Virginia. I don't here it, but enough people have said it that I am a little concerned! :)

• I'm in Colorado @FilmSensei -  I moved to Texas for 7 years back in the early 90's...came back with  ya'll disease. Took me several years to loose it :-)

• @GrayMotion Oh! Why was I thinking that @tddavis was there? I must be getting old... suffering from CRSS! :)

• edited September 8

@FilmSensei ; Nope, I'm in severe western KY,  or as I like to call it, the heart of hillbilly hell ;)  You tell them people they haven't heard twang til they come around here.

Edit: Oh, hey, I'll bet I know why you thought that... a while back you were traveling from out that way and I told you if you were going by I-24 you'd pass my house  by half mile at Exit 11.  You got the location area locked in your head then.

• @tddavis That's what it was! That was when I was travelling back and forth from CO to prep my building for sale. We are talking January or maybe February.

•  @FilmSensei ; I wouldn't have even recalled it except my recent mad search through old post of me running my mouth too often here.  I went through that time frame a LOT until I found the one I was looking for.

• Check out my newest video... Mixamo Animation Packs in HitFilm!

https://youtu.be/kPHIfJJ-HK4

• @FilmSensei

"It's real easy to mess it up..." Truer words and all that! I tried after your first Mixamo video and failed horribly. Thanks for this step by step recipe addition cause I've always been good at baking and maybe I can get it now.

• Thanks again @FilmSensei, another mystery solved. What's the correct way to string a sequence of animations together? I assumed it should be possible to add additional animations under the model's 'Animation' but they just overlay each other and there are no timing controls. I managed to do it by adding several copies of the model after each other in the timeline, adding a different animation to each copy. That worked but I thought there might be a more subtle way. I also had to make sure the 2 animations 'flowed' into each other. I assume the animations in the packs are setup to work together.

• @tddavis Good luck! :)

@spydurhank Thanks!

@pinthenet I have found that some of the animations flow one into the other (or even into themselves) very nicely, and others don't. I think it just depends on the animations. The simplest way to link two animations is by doing what you said, multiple layers of the same model in the HitFilm Composite Shot,l each with a different animation. Positioning one model to be in the exact spot as the previous model will help with the flow. If they don't match, then a camera position/angle change on the cut could hide that nicely. This is much like a film or TV show is cut together from different takes.

• Thanks for the tutorials, FilmSensei.  I screw up this stuff regularly also.  I swear I know how to do something... and then it doesn't work.

Don't forget to also check out the free Adobe Fuse program.  It has a tab in it that directly uploads the models into Mixamo.

best,

.................john