Bologna Man - An Unlikely Beginning (7/15/18)

14567810»

Comments

• Haha!  Love the silly randomness of it.  Fun stuff!

• Hey all!!!

We are back!!!

And here is an update!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4-1oPR9-V0&t=133s

•  @HIS_Films ; Got some slick transitions going on there.  It really adds a lot of movement to your work.  Good job.

• @tddavis Thanks!! trying my best to get better at those! hehe  Glad you liked it!

• Fun stuff! Looking forward to whatever comes next!

• @jsbarrett thanks for the support!!

• Hey all!! Here is a Teaser for the upcoming Bologna Man trailer!!!!!

ENJOY!! And please share with as many as you know!

Please leave any comments you have, and what you thought!

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsRhwSjdJng&lc=z22belih4u2xjlcah04t1aokg0ipobh0yarbif5nqobnrk0h00410

• HERE IT IS!! The long awaited short film Bologna Man - An Unlikely Beginning!!!

Enjoy and let me know what you thought!!!

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLZEQn5GR4k&t=8s

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator

Way cool guys!  Well done.

• @Stargazer54 Thanks man! Glad you liked it!!

• Quite impressive! I must admit, thinking back to some of the teasers and tests you'd shared for this project, I wasn't sure what to expect, but this short has definitely won me over. I'm really impressed with everything you guys have done in this piece. There are a few technical issues here and there, but they're largely overshadowed by how well this works in so many ways.

• Everything that  @jsbarrett said.

• Haha! Thanks @BobDiMarzio and @jsbarrett !!! Glad people are starting to like this character that most people, just from reading the name wouldn't even watch :lol: Yep I know those technical issues, and I will continue to grow in correcting those ;) thanks a bunch for y'alls support! I really appreciate it!

• @HIS__Films I think you hit on a good point. The name did kinda make me question if it was going to be an interesting story, but your storytelling skills are definitely solid.  You took the time to establish the main character in interesting ways so that we feel for him, and we can empathize somewhat with his flaws. The pacing of the edit feels spot on. Your use of music is great.  The way you shot your scenes is engaging and creative. For example, I know in my mind that the pantry isn't really that tall, but the way you shot it and used just a couple effects shots really helps to sell the height amazingly well.

And of course, none of this would matter much if the performances were sub-par, but again, everyone rocked it. Having seen some of the casual videos you've shared where Elijah is just goofing off, I wondered how well this story would come across with him as the lead.  Once it finished, I felt two things: 1) excitement that it's so freakin' good, and 2) shame for having assumed earlier that Elijah might not be able to pull off a solid performance.  I was WAY wrong. He's killing it!

Again, major props to everyone for really working hard and telling a solid, engaging story. I think you were talking elsewhere about how long it was taking to put this first short together, and you might've been a little frustrated by the delay in wrapping it, but the results are absolutely worth the time you spent.  I definitely want to see more Balogna Man!

• @jsbarrett thanks so much for your kind words! I really appreciate it! And it is very encouraging

• Sorry I'm late to the party, but this is great!

The scene in the pantry was my favourite bit.

• @JMcAllister ; No problem!! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

That seems to be the majority of everyone's favorite scene!