Export Error

edited March 2017 in Express Support

Whenever I try to export a pretty complex shot from Hitfilm, I get the error message:

Failed to render frame (frame#)

GL_INVALID_OPERATION - The specified operation is not allowed in the current state.

The offending command is ignored and has no other side effect than to set the error flag.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• edited March 2017

I get this from time to time. It appears to be an effects error. Meaning I applied the effect to the wrong layer, grade, etc. Sometimes for me it's motion blur applied to wrong layer, order, or something. I've always been able to fix the problem without losing effects. It must be an order of operations thing

Best I could say is start removing effects from the top down until you find the culprit. Sorry if  I'm not that much help ..

• edited April 2017

Thanks, GrayMotion! I've been able to fix this by exporting as an image sequence, then manually exporting the error related frames. This is a real pain though, and I was wondering if you guys had any other ways to fix this. Thanks again for the advice, I will try this next time I get the error (which will be soon, I can guarantee you). Last time this happened, I tried turning off my 3d Gunfire effect, and it exported fine. When I reimported the video and put the same exact gunfire effect on the the video, it rendered with no problem, and I have no idea why.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment