[ANSWERED] How do you get your free license for HitFilm Express?

1235»

Comments

•  @Triem23 ; :) Useful information to know...

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

“If the Universe came to an end every time there was some uncertainty about what had happened in it, it would never have got beyond the first picosecond. And many of course don't. It's like a human body, you see. A few cuts and bruises here and there don't hurt it. Not even major surgery if it's done properly. Paradoxes are just the scar tissue. Time and space heal themselves up around them and people simply remember a version of events which makes as much sense as they require it to make.” 

• Hitfilm dont work on my pc but i cant get ignite now as ive used up my code or something and cant activate ignite

• @ZakZNinja

Having a HitFilm Express license doesn't prevent you getting an Ignite Express license (I'm assuming that's the version you're after).

You just need to request a license here: https://hitfilm.com/ignite-express just like you did with Express 2017.

Bear in mind however that if your computer was not powerful enough for Express 2017, it is likely to be under spec for Ignite Express too.

• Hello, 

I have been editing and working on the software for a while now, but now that I have finished, I am not able to upload or export anything because, in my account settings, it says I do not have a serial number.  How can I possibly get the free license if I don't have the serial code, and I can not acquire it without registering a software, which I need a serial code for? 

Please help me out, Its pretty urgent

•  As posted above, you need to follow the steps here to get a license: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCKI3S3E3qo

A license also entails a serial key.

• i don't HAVE social media, how do i just get the bloody serial. WHY DO YOU GO THROUGH ALL THIS COMPLICATION FOR FREE SOFTWARE

• @negr

As you've pointed out, it's free software. Since we don't sell licenses for HitFilm Express, part of the model is to increase exposure to a wider number of users, some of whom then go on to buy add-on packs or upgrade to Pro. That's why we suggest that users share it with their friends and family.

If you'd rather not do that though, you can always click one of the share buttons, then close the window which appears. The system doesn't check that you actually complete the sharing process.

• First i logged in to my account, and then it asks me to enter a serial code. Its says "The serial code and license will be linked permanently to this account."Where can i get my serial code for hitfilm 4 express? what should i do?

• Is this software really free?

• @stephenshaheer

We no longer issue serial codes for HitFilm 4 Express, as this is an old version dating to 2016. HitFilm Express (no number in the name) is the current version, which is indeed free. You can sign up and get a serial code here; please complete all steps including clicking the link in your email.

•  Please answer me soon

• @stephenshaheer He did. Read the above message.

• it worked. You guys are the best. I am gonna recommend all my friends to use this software. this is the best video editing software... thank you very much @DanielGWood

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@stephenshaheer I'm sorry, but your question has already been answered: 15 minutes after you posted it, 30 minutes before you wrote "Please answer me soon" and 30 minutes before I write this.

Again, your problem is you are trying to install Hitfilm 4 Express. Hitfilm 4 Express is an older version of the software and you can NOT get a serial code for it anymore.

The current version of Hitfilm Express can be downloaded here: https://fxhome.com/express

Hitfilm Express is free.

• This kind of thing really confuses me.

Here you have a team of incredibly intelligent, hard worker software engineers that create a brilliant application. Then you have a team of, presumably, equally intelligent people create a website to offer that application to the public, but they do it in the most confusing and stupid way possible.

They really don't see how this activation process confuses people?

Right when I ran this application for the first time and saw that stupid-idiot activation window pop up I thought, "Knew it. Knew it wasn't really free. Got me again." Begrudgingly, I clicked the "Get a free license" option, thinking I'd have to make some special appeal to get a free license. But I found it took me straight back to the download page without explanation. I nearly uninstalled the application on the spot and called the time I spent researching free video editing software a loss.

Why? Why do people do this? Does no one in these organizations know how to put themselves in the shoes of the user? It just takes a few words to inform users as to what is going on and what to expect. They put all this work into making an awesome application and a slick activation process but totally fail to give users the simple information they need to even get the application running. Why?

It isn't hard. It isn't costly. It just some words.

• I agree. While the owners of HF have produced an excellent program, they should really devote more time to making the website a bit more user-friendly. Each time I update my HF software I spend at least 3 to 4 hours trying to activate/register/whatever...

• How do i download this? I've just spent 2 hours attempting to download this software and all i get is "Session has expired." over and over and over! Before you mention adblockers i've gone through this process multiple times on 3 different browsers with NO adblockers, allow javascript and accept cookies on each browser, yet same result every time.

I've gone through this 20+ times, sharing on G+ too, but your site keeps denying me a download which is a shame because i really like the look of HF Express but i guess i'll never try it.

Why do you make a download so difficult?! And i haven't even gotten to the serial code fiasco yet!

• If you have created an account and  already have a serial code (under 'Account in right hand corner') 

you can get the latest version here:  https://fxhome.com/software-update/hitfilm-express  ;

Download for whatever OS you have, open, activate, and enjoy.

hopefully that works for you.

• You left some trailing letters in your link, should be:

https://fxhome.com/software-update/hitfilm-express

Thanks, that got me the software, but now i'm in the same position as everyone else in this thread - i can't activate it. The website won't let me past that stupid create account/sign in pop-up (session expired, session expired), so i have no serial code!

• I am having problems getting a serial code as well. I hit activate serial code from the offline menu, and there it sends me to the fx home page, which sends me an email to sign up or finish updating my account, and when I hit get hitfilm free while logged in I just get an error message.

• I would suggest contacting support- 

https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm-express/

Shortcut (from bottom of support page)    Ask team »

Good Luck.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment