THE HITFILM WISHLIST: What Features Do You Want?

1707172737476»

Comments

• edited June 26

@Tyront , Thank you very much. :)

A bunch here but they are really just demo type videos https://www.owmycgi.net/wips but be aware that my cgi vfx lingo is pretty lame and I was pretty scatter brained so sorry for my back and forth rambling. Lots of good info and compositing inspiration though, if you get past my jibber jabbering. Start at the bottom. You can turn the audio down and increase the playback speed if my talking doesn't make sense.

These three tuts are better and to the point but I still need to do better. https://www.owmycgi.net/forum/filmer

I'm doing my best to get better documentation completed while the official Blender 2.8 is still in Beta but it is a little slow going as I'm only one guy doing this but I do have a few Filmer beta testers that have been putting out some pretty awesome stuff and are even creating their 3D assets. :)

EDIT:

Sorry forgot to mention, the first few videos in the first link may be using Blender 2.79 which is right before I learned to code Blender and Cycles. The rest of the videos are for Blender 2.80/Filmer

• Another question:

can Hitfilm get a transform effect so you can e.g. create transitions and save them/reuse them like in after effects?

Or is there an option for that that I'm not aware of?

• @Tyront ,

You can stack any layers, effects and stuff and save a composite shot to reuse as a preset.

•  Thanks God we don't have to ask for 3d tracker and locked layers....now I'm asking for the ability to import psd and ai files.  

• AE has a masking tool, I think it's called the rotobrush. It's this smart selecting tool that basically selects the edges, smartly. I wish something like that was in Hitfilm, it would make masking easier

if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about https://youtu.be/ESnxM819MJw?t=145

• being able to use a 3d model as a particle deflector.    

• @Triem23 Shouldn't the "Text In Editor" by NormanPCN be crossed out?

I feel some of the wish list items need to get edited. 

• Here's a request for the Fxhome wishing well.

Ability to create audio INSIDE Hitfilm subclips!

The fact that the audio sync feature will only respond given a particular criteria of timing means that we sometimes need to trim the audio outside of hitfilm before importing it to match footage.

Can't we just trim the audio inside hitfilm and have the trimmed version exist inside the media bin? Would save us time. 

• edited July 8

Hi all, I’ve seen lots of good things about Blender / Filmer here, it’s promising, thanks for the good work @spydurhank !

Here are a couple of new ideas :

- Layers grouping in folders, because sometimes you need to have allthe layers in the same composition and you can't use nested comps, and the display is full of tracks...

- markers and grid snapping in the editor and composite shots

- lines and splines as objects with path following and tracing options (no need to use masks and neon path to animate lines anymore)

- neon path applied to contours traced by "outer glow" or other contrast-based effects 

• Thanks @Deweak ,

Glad that I'm able to do it. :)

• Hi!

I think this is the place for feature suggestions. I was thinking of many cases where a composite shot can be reused, but sometimes one would like to have a CS of different times with a start-and-end animation.

Would it be possible to define in a composite shot a “position”, a frame, where at that very spot, the “timeline” could be stretched automatically to add more time?

Example:

—A 3 second composite shot. 1 second animation at start, 2 second animation at end, nothing in happens in the middle.

—Specify in the composite shot properties that a 1 second 1 frame the timeline can be stretched.

—Using the CS in another CS or in the main timeline, one can “stretch” the CS length to 10 seconds.

—HitFilm would automatically add the 7 seconds missing by stretching whatever is at 1 second 1 frame by 7 seconds.

This simple hack would allow a new level of usability and flexibility in CS.

Best regards!

• edited July 12

P.U.T.S., or Preserve underlying transparency switch. It's just plain fun to say.

• Since you are adding some After Effects plugin support, please add Mister Horse support!

https://misterhorse.tv/

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

To comment on @omen's request "Mister Horse" is the company name, the product is actually called "Animation Composer."

Omen, a few years ago I was guessing FXHOME would never be able to bring Ae plug ins into Hitfilm. I was wrong. Still, I'd guess this would be very difficult, possibly impossible to add support for. Animation Composer is largely a file manager to connect to premade templates, but those templates are all stored as Ae projects and precomp files - in this case you're not actually asking FXHOME to add compatibility for a plug-in, you're asking FXHOME to make Hitfilm compatible with Ae project files. This is much more complicated than making a procedural generator compliant with Hitfilm's internal architecture.

• The ability to delete multiple gaps would save a bunch of time for me. This is a feature that especially comes in handy if you have to change the duration between multiple (touching) images or videos. If you change duration, you get gaps between the clips. Premiere has the feature I'm requesting, which is demonstrated in a ~5 second clip here: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Filmmakers/comments/aekewu/premiere_how_to_ripple_delete_all_the_spaces_in/

I know that most of the focus for Premiere is on effects and composite shots, but there are plenty of us editors out there.

• edited July 17

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I understand your point! So you'll have it done by next week ;-)

OK better idea... Contact Mister Horse and ask them adapt their product to HitFilm!