THE HITFILM WISHLIST: What Features Do You Want?

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Palacono Grading Transfer is calculating every frame as the Source image itself can change. However a "freeze" option (implementation suggestion: this toggle sets values of first frame of source layer only) would speed performance, methinks? That would open up the possibility of Palacono's idea? 

Would it be possible to generate a LUT from grading transfer data? Being able to somehow add a "Generate Lut" to the end of a grading chain and have everything create a LUT would be a pipe dream, but also a game changer. 

• @Triem23 Whatever works best. :)

But I'd also like the ability to make manual changes to some values somewhere as Grading Transfer in HFP2017 isn't working properly - see my thread - so currently you have to manually adjust the results anyway.

Might as well have the Effects automagically inserted in the layer for you in the first place. ;) Even if/after it's been fixed, it would still be handy to be able to tweak them.

• edited May 2017

@Palacano

+1 on the idea of making the Grading Transfer broken down for use as presets. You can reduce the effect, but being able to tweak different aspects of the effect would be sweet.  Nonetheless, I am glad to have the choice of using the Grading Transfer effect. It gets me "there" sooner than other tools. 

• edited May 2017

"...Or, even better: for it to generate some Curves, Histogram, Color Corrector, Hue and Saturation, or whatever else it does,..."

Oooh, I like that one. Magic cookie stuff like grading transfer is nice but full control is always best. Having an analysis tool to generate effect(s) to approximate one look into another would be ideal. As you say, so we can then tweak.

@Triem23 "However a "freeze" option..." I don't know as that would speed performance unless FxHome does buffer necessary information for the effect. Decode once and buffer.

Just look at the auto color/contrast effects. The single frame option has bad performance really due to the common Hitfilm way of thrashing the decoder cache. They seem to decode from file the source frame every frame of use result. The src frame is invariant. Silly and wasteful. Especially for AVC. 

• I posted this else where without realizing the list was here. I'd love to select multiple clips and make them into a Composite Shot. Very often I cut up a clip, then realize I have to add an effect or something to all of them. Currently I have to make a new comp for every clip and apply the effect to each one separately. That's a huge time waster.

• +1 On multiple clips moved into a composite shot.

+3263827 on moving multiple clips to a Composite. I understand this forces each clip to a new layer and would remove active transitions.

I'll settle for being able to cut and paste from Editor to Composite shots

• also +1 on making a composite shot from multiple editor clips

@NormanPCN someone got the Star Wars joke... 

• Hi Guys,

A "reverse" of the shatter effect would be nice to have.  I have times where I need to do a "build" instead of a shatter.  Kind of like the Microsoft logo in commercials having various pictures speed toward the logo and embed inside the logo to build the logo up. 

I've done time-reverse effect on the shatter effect.  The effect is fine except for the speed.  The speed is slow at first, then speeds up at the end, which looks ackward.

That's why I think a new "build" effect would be great to have.

:-)

• I think we should have the ability to use the video and audio transitions as effects when working with composite shots...

• Transitions in composite shot layers could work. Transitions already can operate on only the left or right side of a clip. One problem is that some transitions behave differently when you do that. e.g. Cross Dissolve.

• View options to see multiple composite shots at once would be great!

Or maybe I just haven't found the option, I don't know.

• Please add the feautre of audio noise reduction and MPEG in Hitfilm express

@Adarsha Mpeg 2 in Hitfilm Express is the premium formats pack. Mpeg-2 is a licensed codec and FXHOME has to charge for it. 

Noise reduction, audio and video, for Hitfilm Express is part of the repair pack add on. 

• Please add the checkmark if media is already added to timeline/comp shot

Sometimes I add media in random order and have to check which is already in the timeline for no duplicates

• Even better: be able to click on media in the bin (With CTRL, ALT, SHIFT...whatever's free) and have it highlighted on the Editor timeline so you could see where it is.

• Hey HitFilm. Can You Please Add This Feature 'Unified Camera Tool'. After Effects Has This. Which Allows You To Move Camera In Any Direction. In X Y Z Space Or Even Orbiting Around. By Just Clicking Mouse 1 Mouse 2 And Mouse 3. I Can't Work Well In HitFilm By Default Camera. Because I Always Have To Select Those Camera Tools In Order To Use Them. And In After Effects When Selecting Unified Camera Tool. It Allows You To Move Camera Easly By Just Clicking Mouse 1 Mouse 2 And Mouse 3.

• HitFilm Please Add 'Auto Material Import' Feature.

• +1 on clips in media bin being highlighted if already in timeline. Maybe the clip in the bin changes color when already in the timeline.

• Hi, I'm brand new to using Hitfilm 4 express and I'm slowly get my head around it. I'm mostly used to Premiere Pro. The one thing I am missing though is how to place markers on the timeline. I've found a few discussions in some forums saying it isn't a feature but they're all dated a couple years ago so I wasn't sure if it had been added yet. If anyone can help out, thanks for your help in advance. Cheers

• @AaronNorburn
    There have been several feature requests for markers on the timeline. I, too, would love that feature in Hitfilm. 
    It would also be great to be able to label the markers as well.

@AaronNoburn @ToddGroves IMHO, markers are about the last "why is this missing?" feature Hitfilm truly needs. That, and layer locking/soloing. 

• @Triem23

As far as "needed" features go, timeline markers may be far down the list. But, having used them in multiple layered comps in AE, especially when timing effects to live action, they are quite invaluable.

But, I am quite patient when it comes to software development. Hitfilm is pretty dang powerful right now, and it's quite easy to use from what I've been able to gather so far. Honestly, I don't think there is any other app of this nature with Hitfilm's capabilities that comes close to its price range, even compared to free apps. I'll be a lifetime user of Hitfilm I'm sure. :)

edited May 2017

@ToddGroves I think I miscommunicated. By "the last truly needed feature" I was trying to communicate urgency. Once markers, locking and soloing are added, Hitfilm will be running out of "WTF isn't this implemented?" features. High priority here! :) 

Markers are so useful! 

I'm with you, here--Hitfilm 4 Life! 

• Rygle

That's really weird - did you get that screenshot off the inkscape forum? It's got some of one of my crappy experiments in it.

I came here to suggest that double-clicking on a track name "e.g. Audio 1" should be a shortcut to rename it. 

• If possible could you implent a h264 2pass vbr in the export settings?

• This wishlist is getting really long, does anyone know when the developers for hitfilm are going to be  working on these wishlist items...can they at least give us some news. I feel like I'm hanging here.

• "...can they at least give us some news"

When Hitfilm Pro 2018 arrives we will know what if any of requested wishlist items have been implemented.

FxHome and basically all companies do not pre-announce features that will be implemented in future software versions. We know when they arrive. There of course are exceptions to the "rule".

Sign in to comment