Girl Fight: DARES - Episode 2 - BURN

Episode 2 of Dares!
Episode 1 -> here
I ('like a fool!') thought I was going to have a quick turn around with this video.
The plan was to to use a practical effect for the main shot and only a little vfx to help it out. I ended needing to colour correct everything and had to add far more effects than expected. (To get the 'bubbling look ok')
Happy with the final video, but there are several things I would do differently if I did it again.
Oh... and for the first time in a while neither of the girls die horribly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KOAN1miQGc

Comments

• Looks awesome. What did you use for the skin?
  • Thanks ES Pictures,
    The melting skin was foamed gelatine...
    I train (Karate) with a guy who works on movies and tv with models and effects. He was good enough to make up a nice large lump of it for us! Only needed to melt down a small amount for that shot. As it goes from 'hot and runny' to 'cold and rubbery' quickly it was tricky to get the shot and not burn (for real) anyone.
    He also gave me a nice severed finger (made from the same stuff) and some 'blood'. Looking forward to using these in something soon. :)
  • Cool. I always mess up chemistry. Never been able to make good practical effects. Sounds like one of the girls is going to have an accident with a knife. lol
  • edited September 2012

Oh... and for the first time in a while neither of the girls die horribly!

I feel kind of bad for making a groan of disapointment when I read this, I think I might be a horibble person.
    In other news I thought the vid was pretty awesome.
    and since there needs to be a complaint so your next video will be better... Um, audio, ya lets go with audio. I hear background noise and it wounds like it was recorded in a bath room with a cheap mike. I know your in the kitchen but still I had to complain about something, its in the rules.
  • Good to see another Aussie on here
    I liked the vid

• I feel kind of bad for making a groan of disapointment when I read this, I think I might be a horibble person.
    In other news I thought the vid was pretty awesome.
    and since there needs to be a complaint so your next video will be better... Um, audio, ya lets go with audio. I hear background noise and it wounds like it was recorded in a bath room with a cheap mike. I know your in the kitchen but still I had to complain about something, its in the rules.

I'm sure horrible violence will occur in more videos soon :)
    Sound is still my bugbear, although I am fairly happy with how this one came out. I missed the baby crying in the next room... So that was a win!
    @markom, after I read your post I realised I'm not entirely sure where that $50 ended up... Will have to do some asking!
    @es, I was thinking of a mad max 2 boomarang type scene for the severed figure... Except the girls have no idea what I'm talking about.