Imerge Pro gets better and better with every release. The first (and largest) update of the year has landed and brings a whole suite of new organizational tools and functionality to enhance your workflow. We’ve even added Hot Folders, some new stylistic effects for emulating Lens Blur, Color Splash, and more! Read on to find out more about these fantastic new features.
You asked, and we listened! This highly requested feature supports automated workflows perfect for event photography and batch processing. Simply tether your camera to a specific folder on your system and set that up as a ‘Hot folder’. As your images are taken, they’ll be auto imported into Imerge and shown on the viewer, then exported using your chosen output settings.
Exporting your creations is easier than ever with the new addition of an export queue. This allows you to continue working on a project while a batch export is in progress. Imerge also has many new export options available such as:
- PSD/PSB export: you can now export an Imerge project as layers to a PSD/PSB file to be opened in Photoshop.
- HitFilm Composite Shot Export: you can export an Imerge project as layers to a HitFilm Composite Shot file.
- Content variation selections: you can now select specific content items to use in a content variation export, rather than having to choose either one or all of them.
- More image resizing options on export: you can now manually specify sizes to resize an image (or images) to on export out of the following options:
- Width & Height – which allows you to specify both width and height manually
- Megapixels – allows you to choose a megapixel value. The aspect ratio is maintained and export is resized to match the target megapixel value.
- Percentage – Scales the base size by the given percentage
- Long edge – allows you to specify the longest edge an image should have; the aspect ratio is maintained and the shortest edge is scaled proportionally.
- Short edge – As above but vice versa
- Match layer – sets the canvas size to match the selected layer
Aside from these handy export options, version 2021.1 allows you to specify custom naming patterns for batch exports using a series of predefined tags. This new functionality allows for the effortless organization of your exported files. There are a total of 32 tags at your disposal, including things like layer names, content variation names, dimensions, DPI, sequential numbers, dates, metadata etc.
Coupled with these improvements, Imerge now gives you far more metadata override options allowing you to control which metadata categories to retain when copying an existing image, and edit metadata directly using a new EXIF/IPTC viewer.
In addition to Imerge Pro’s comprehensive set of creative effects, version 2021.1 offers three new stylistic effects.
Create stunning images with the new Lens Blur effect, which adds realistic depth-of-field to photos, including vivid and highly customizable bokeh. This advanced effect offers numerous customization options for aperture shape, bloom, and more for endless possibilities. Anamorphic lens blur can also be emulated by ‘stretching’ the lens shape along the X/Y axes.
Want to create striking color splash effects and cinematic edits? The new Leave Color effect lets you easily pick a color to retain while desaturating everything else. You can even invert the effect to desaturate the chosen color instead of preserving it. Like many of Imerge’s other precision color tools, this effect includes options to preserve skin tones, greys, and black-and-white. For greater precision, you can isolate colors based on the LAB color space whereby instead of selecting a hue and all values within it (e.g. red), you select by LAB color values (which factors in the tint or shade of a color).
The new Magnify effect, allows you to magnify areas on your image and offers controls to distort and bulge the magnification. The Magnify effect will enable you to magnify, bulge, or ‘pinch’ a selected circular or elliptical area with various customization options available.
- Drag & Drop: You can now drag and drop your images from your file explorer or web browser directly into Imerge for speedier workflows. You can even drag images directly into the content section of a layer.
- Folder import: You can now import an entire folder of images to a project in one go.
- Adjust brush softness from the toolbar: It’s now possible to adjust the softness of Brush Masks directly from the toolbar, making for quicker adjustments.
As well as all of these advanced new features, Imerge Pro 2021.1 provides improvements and feature enhancements to streamline your productivity and more. So what are you waiting for? Click here to download the new update.