You wanted text changes? You got ‘em! The HitFilm 10 release is your new update and it focuses on how you work with text inside HitFilm. We develop HitFilm based on the awesome number of user requests we get and this one is no exception. So let’s give you the power you’ve been looking for. Here are just a few of the new updates that have arrived with the HitFilm 10 release.
HitFilm 10 release updates
- Expanding text boxes – now when you click inside the Viewer with the text tool you can just start typing and the text box size will adapt.
- More control! You can now justify, adjust vertical alignment, indent and adjust paragraph spacing all from inside the Text panel.
- HitFilm now loads non-regular stylings of fonts (e.g. bold, italic, etc) if you have a non-English version of Windows.
- The kerning (spacing between characters) has been improved.
- More language support! You will now find a larger number of languages and fonts are supported inside HitFilm. Languages such as Arabic can now be written directly into HitFilm and will be formatted correctly.
- And so much more!
We’ve also managed to sneak a few more cool updates into 10.0 which aren’t text related, such as:
- When replacing a transition with another it will now adopt the length of the transition being replaced so you no longer need to re-adjust every time to want to switch out transitions.
- The transition time limit has been lifted. If you want to have a 15 second transition, you got it!
This update is a big one and we’re very excited for you to get your hands on it. Play around with the new text features and, as always, let us know what you think. We love hearing your feedback.
EDIT: Update 10.1 is now live. Running HitFilm with bespoke fonts installed no longer causes HitFilm to fail to launch.