I'm new to hitfilm and generally more advanced film making (having migrated from imovie), so apologies in advance for total newb question . I would just like to understand a typical workflow for creating video.
My film goals & set up
I'm starting with HF4 Express and will initially just be making videos of family and friends. I have a Nikon D3300. I will be largely sharing to view online and most videos will likely be accompanied by a song and perhaps bits of the audio that's been captured (I'm relying on the in-built camera mic)
From what I could gather it might look something like the below, but I'm not entirely sure it's accurate...
1) Organise and import clips
2) Sequence and edit the clips to tell a story
3) Colour correction (i.e. white balance, saturation, etc)
4) Add audio (this confuses me as I would have thought you need to sync the audio and clips at the same time )
5) Color grade - which may involve saving the sequence and exporting to another tool optimised for grading
6) Make final adjustments in the editing tool
7) Save and export to require format
Any advice of help would be much appreciated.