TriFlix Thread: Why Are So Weird | Clown Makeup Tutorial BTS

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Snappy cuts. I like your use of the smokey shockwave to go from your logo into the music video.

Sigh... I'm a nerd. The laser cutting through the smoke makes it obvious they shot on a camera with a rolling shutter....

• edited April 2017

@TriFlixFilms   Good job!  I downloaded all the stuff and Adobe Premiere with the though of entering this but then I decided it would take me too much time to learn another software and decided against it.  What I find interesting from your edit is I got the feeling that Dolph was an older version of the lead singer which I never could figure out why he was in the clips before your edit.  It make total sense now cutting between the younger boy version the lead singer and then boxing with the older version!  Too bad you can't enter since you used Final Cut.  I'm the same way, I might have been able to pull it off by deadline if I used Pinnacle or Hitfilm but not with learning Premiere too!

PS @Andy001z The chair scenes were filmed with the lasers and lightening in situ.  None of the clips I saw had green screen footage.  They provided a few with the entire song track from different  camera set ups and then a whole bunch of cutaways and such some with audio some without.

@tddavis oh, you can enter. It's not like they're asking you to upload your EDL. 

Only reason I'm not entering is the prizes are subscriptions to CC. Since Adobe became the VFX mafia and started shutting off everyone's CS6 and prior licenses, you can no longer pay me enough to use their products. 

• @Triem23 I feel you there.  Really the only things that Adobe has I find myself lusting after are the reveal mask effect for a handwriting text reveal and, not sure the actually name but I call it, puppet warp for animating arms and legs in photos.  Never used it but I think it would fun to play around with.  What's an EDL by the way?

@tddavis EDL= Edit Decision List. In Hitfilm terms, the Editor Timeline.

• @Triem23  Ah, makes sense.  Thanks!

• edited April 2017

Thanks for the reviews guys! It was a lot of fun and gives me something to show clients that are interested in hiring me for music video work.

To note, the fine details do request the winners submit their project files. My guess is they will relink your file with higher quality footage and upload it to their channel. So if I won, I would be quickly disqualified :/ @Triem23 @tddavis @andy001z

Rather not chance the YouTube strike if they found out because I guarantee they'd want my video removed...

Fair enough. 

Thanks Adobe! The contest requires Abode software and the prize is the same software you used to create your entry. 

VFX Mafia! 

• @TriFlixFilms Really impressive! You've done a really nice job of cutting this together! Best of luck with the competition! :)

• TIPS: 3 Reasons & 3 Steps to Purge Social Media

https://youtu.be/eXIdy8q96Dw

We all make mistakes, we all change, we all want to grow. Here's a short video explain how and why you should clean up your social media accounts. Enjoy!

• FILMS: I Need to Say 5 Things | Updates | Need Feedback 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP0GyL2nopA

I know this a bit out of the ordinary, but there's been some things I've been needing to address and I thought this was the best way of doing it. Enjoy!

• @TriFlixFilms Thanks for the mention in the video last week!

• edited April 2017

No problem! @InScapedigital

I think sometimes people are so busy competing they don't realize the best way to grow is by working with others, rather than against them.

Just trying to do my part to make the internet a happier place haha. 

• edited April 2017

MUSIC: Tempo Tour | 1 of 4

https://youtu.be/S-5n-UYXwRY

Making a small music video montage of the Tempo Tour featuring KB, Social Club, Swoope, and Joesph Solomon. Enjoy!

• edited April 2017

MUSIC: Tempo Tour | 2 of 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuGtB5HTzgk

Making a small music video montage of the Tempo Tour featuring KB, Social Club, Swoope, and Joesph Solomon. Enjoy!

• MUSIC: Tempo Tour | 3 of 4

https://youtu.be/igbkE3EGlW8

• MUSIC: Tempo Tour | 4 of 4

https://youtu.be/g23LgaLY9Xs

• I love listening to those guys! never seen them live, it's probably a great experience! Nice videos, I liked them :)

• Yeah, they are really cool. Highly recommend getting VIP tickets if you go. Glad you liked the videos :)

•  MUSIC: Lil' Dre - Live Free (Official Lyric Video)

https://youtu.be/Tj5MqnnB4Yw

Nothing more fun than client work :)

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

@TriFlixFilms "Nothing more fun than client work :)"

Sure there is! Getting paid and cashing the client's check is the best part!

• Very true! hahaha

I mean that's certainly one of the perks of it,  I genuinely enjoy working with other people.... but yes, it was a paid gig ;) @aladdin4d ;

• Great lyric video! Good song! keep up the great work :)

• @TriFlixFilms - So how did you land a gig like that? Nicely done!

• edited April 2017

This job specifically? @stormyknight

A month or so ago I made the Tiny Trigger lyric video for Illijam for free but asked that he share it on social media and recommend it to other artists. Last week and artist contacted me saying Illijam recommended me. I set the price and the rest is history ;)

Find small - medium artists you like online, get their attention, make them some free stuff. This is exposure and worth 100 times more than money imo.

I've done MANY free jobs for artist over the past 5 years and am just now seeing the benefits, but the reward is paying 10 fold very quickly.

Stick with it, build a portfolio, network, repeat :)

(think you just inspired one of my next Tips videos)

Yeah, I have a very mercenary editor buddy who doesn't understand why I will still do the occasional free or cheap project. I keep explaining that there's the exposure aspect, the reel aspect, and side projects are where I will experiment and develop new techniques, so, when a big money job hits I can be efficient. 

Said editor--after "20 years of experience" still needs me to color correct all his stuff, so last week when he asked me again why I was doing a cheap one-day I told him he was lucky I do those, otherwise I could bill him $50/hour everytime I save his butt. 

Even the big-time pros still do cheap/free side stuff! 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator

It's what I call spec work. You do it on the speculation of getting "real" work later. Case in point - Last week I did some noise reduction on a bunch of audio recordings for free. Today that same person offered me a three year contract to handle all of the association's media recordings. It's not a high dollar contract but the work is quick, easy and I have a better bottom line than what I did yesterday.

And NR is fast and easy if you have the tools! 

• Always nice to get paid, but there are a couple of typos: worty (several) dont (several), Im, and missed words: [no] blood washed; [the] pride; on [my] back etc.  A few times I couldn't understand what he was saying so couldn't tell if text matched.

Might be intentional, but if not then this might be worth a rerender? 

• You're actually spot on @palacono. I requested a transcript of the lyrics and typed them in exactly the way he sent them to me. I had him review it twice before public release of the video and he approved.

I made two copies (Official) which is on YouTube and (performance) which I sent to him directly. He noticed the typos yesterday but only asked that the performance one be updated.

But for the sale of being right, I concede. There are typos, client approved, but typos none the less hahaha.

Sign in to comment