The Observatory - Updated 13 Jan 2017 - The Panoramic view

edited January 2017 in HitFilm User Gallery

last year, finished a 3d Model of a work I was doing in personal capacity. Thought of compiling together a small clip of the same. So here it is, "The Observatory"

https://youtu.be/wS6k-ECgHcg

Comments

• Did you use a dolly? The whole shot is nicely done!

• StormyKnight hey thanks. Well the whole scene was actually created in blender but in hitfilm, I added cinema style and music composition.

• Ha! Well it looked real to me!!! The only thing that caught my eye was a little sharp back and forth of the camera just as it starts to move away at the end. Otherwise- like I said.....couldn't tell it was fake. BRAVO!

• StormyKnight

Thanks man and you picked it really well. At the end just for a sec the camera movement went out of synch. I only noticed it when the whole pain taking render finished.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

Nice details. I love the wood textures you've used.

• Triem23

Thanks man, texture looks flat though. It was suppose to reflect light when in contact. The PBR texturing technique is a unique way hut I'm yet to master it.

• Nice!  I wouldn't tweak your wood texture too much.  Weathered, rough wood would not be very shiny or reflective anyway.  It looks natural and correct the way it is.  Nice model and very mysterious.

What Stargazer said. That's aged raw wood, not painted or lacquered! 

• It definitely looks like wood. You might think about making the lid flat, or else constructing wedged pieces using your wood material like a carpenter would construct a wood lid that's domed like that. 

• edited January 2017

Thanks guys for your suggestions and analysis.

Here I have two different views of the same model.

http://picpaste.com/FB_IMG_1483710834784-45OsMBZl.jpg

http://picpaste.com/FB_IMG_1483710839946-Il2hYEz2.jpg

• @Ahssan  Wow!  I had no clue that it was a render at all.  Very realistic!

• tddavis thanks. I honestly believe that even if we are doing these animation and 3d thing as hobbies mostly but we should some do things collaboratively with other like minded. Just a scene is not fulfilling the thirst

• @Ahssan I like the way you think. 

• Stargazer54 , thanks. I have seen other forums of other softwares related to 3d modeling and stuff, there are competitions and there collaborative work between people on different projects. Hitfilm should also have something of the sort. Or may be add another section in the forum for people to get together on building something together. 

• edited January 2017

In lieu of a button for this:

*LIKE*

@Ahssan years ago there waa a large community wide project. Unfortunately the reality of getting a couple of dozen volunteers on the same project in their spare time ended up killing it. 

Not saying it's a bad idea, just that life can get in the way. A collaborative project should certainly be relatively small to start. @spydurhank probably has more he could say. 

• @Triem23 - Yeah- I got in on the SIP project just before it imploded and disappeared.

• I have a small project doing in my personal capacity. Its a small 3d animation like 3 to 4 mins clip. I have made my character in blender and some other stuff like mountains and clouds. But its all about now making the right camera movement,  adding life to flat shots, some energy to make it fun to see. 

• It looked very realistic. At first, I thought it would be a very low poly texture, but it looked very realistic. Couldn't actually believe that was fake.

• 24kmoviemaker, thanks man.

Actually used PBR texture for this and used bump maps to make texture have a realistic rough surface. I'm glad it looks realistic. Hardwork paid off

• I liked the panoramic shot of this, it gives and organic feel to it. Thought somebody else might also like the same so here , sharing it.

https://youtu.be/B_ipOfiVT7Y