Impulse LUT pack

Does anyone know how to install a LUT pack on MAC?

Comments

• I meant the Impulz Pack

• The thing is that I have the LUT file, but once I do all it says in the video, it does not let me select anything. I don´t have the LUT files themselves, I just have three archives that I don't know what to do with them.

Here is what I have:

- A file called "Impulz Ultimate Setup"

- Inside that file I have three archives: 1) One that says "dist", which when I try to open it, it opens with the app Xcode (850 MB) 2) Impulz Ultimate Setup MAC, which is an app but I does not let me open it 3) Impulz Ultimate Setup Win.exe, which I don't know what it is.

What should I do in order for me to use this LUTs?

• If the files are archives, then make sure you unzip them so you can access their contents. I would assume that the LUTs are inside, so after you extract the archive, you will be able to access the LUTs.

• Well it sounds like you're on a Mac so try dragging and dropping Impulz Ultimate Setup MAC to your applications folder. If it runs it should extract the LUT's to the Applications folder and then you can follow the video @Triem23 posted. 

If that doesn't work try contacting VisionColor There's a note on their installation support page to contact them if the installer doesn't run.

https://visioncolor.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203752881-Installation

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

What's the file extension on the archive you downloaded? As Axel and Aladdain have said, if the file is an archive, you'll have to decompress that first. You'll need some sort of file archiving software. Keka is a free option for MAC

http://www.kekaosx.com/en/

Once you've opened the archive, you'll be able to run "Impulz Ultimate Setup MAC." After that the above linked video will show you how to bring the LUTs into Hitfilm.

"Impulz Ultimate Setup Win.exe" is the install file for Windows PCs.

• @Triem23 ;"Impulz Ultimate Setup" is a zip file and what @BorjaAnadon listed is everything that's in it. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

@Aladdin4d Well, I'm not MAC, but I would assume that there should be basic unzipping built into the MAC OS?

Otherwise, third party add-ons like Keka (above) will do the job.

So it's still just a question of unzipping that sucker and running the Mac installer. :-)

• @Triem23 Yeah there is archive handling built in and dragging and dropping the installer to the applications folder should automatically trigger both extraction and launching the installer. In theory anyway.........

• Alright, first of, thanks to everyone. It is so easy to learn when people like you have so much patience in explaining everything to people like me. So thank you!

I got to download some Free LUTs from Ground Control, but nothing seems to happen to the footage. It appears an ERROR that says "Invalid file format". That file format  is .cube

What format is the one that works with Hit Film?