Bird-related Non-Tech question

2»

Comments

• Shhhhh everyone @Sarasota is sleeping

• "I nominate this thred as the best everything else topic thread of 2016."

I'm game.

@Sarasota - A little chaos before the calm will be worth it if it works........any wake up call this morning? Still sleeping today @ 11:40 EST?!?!?! lol

• Where's that like button?

• edited August 2016

-

• @Sarasota - Glad to hear all hostilities have ceased for now. Congrats on a quiet, peaceful morning!

@KevinTheFilmmaker - You have to do it manually now:  *LIKE*

• Well, whatever your experience, you won't do quite as well as the parents will.  ;)

Taking the owl away again will tell you if they have something to come back for and attack their reflections again.  If not... :(

If they do then you just need to find a way to gentle dissuade them from attacking your windows, rather than the nuclear option of the owl right on their doorstep.

Must be a halfway option that gets you some sleep and them a next generation of chicks. Is it too late in the season for them to start again somewhere else if they've abandoned the nest?

• edited June 2016

Or stop walking around the house in your underwear. This from Wikipedia about the Titmouse: "They tend to be curious about their human neighbors and can sometimes be spotted on window ledges peering into the windows to watch what's going on inside."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufted_titmouse

See? They just want to get to know you!  ;^)

• edited August 2016

-

• edited June 2016

Seems all you need is something to deter it from reflective surfaces that make it think it has a rival, so...whatever works to do that is as much as you need. But then it's not my sleep that's being disturbed. :D

I sleep with earplugs or I'd get tinnitus from the constant running of a very noisy portable air conditioner we just got out of the garage and put in the bedroom for these very humid nights. 

Best of luck (you and the birds) :)

• edited August 2016

-

• I have NEVER laughed so hard!!!

• @Sarasota Glad it is all resolved, well done. Should of bought that Owl sooner, wait for it... bet you feel a right tit.

• edited August 2016

-

• Well the other evening we heard Hedgehogs barking for the first time in the garden (horney little devils), what a racket... ok so actually I was straight out there with my phone camera videoing the special moment, wonder if there is a name for that (hmmm).

• edited August 2016

-