Editor not playing composite project

Hello:

The editing I have done with text fades in and out work perfectly in composite mode.

However, in Editor, the fades do not work. All I get is the main screen with no changes at all throughout the entire production (1 minute long).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jody

Comments

• My gut tells me you're using the latest version of Pro, and have turned your Playback Quality setting down. If it's on Fastest, for example, a lot of effects won't be visible during real time playback.  However, if fades are failing in the main Editor timeline, they should also fail in your composite shot, as the settings aren't dependent on which timeline you're viewing.

If that's not the issue, a bit more info is needed.  How exactly are you creating the fades in your composite shot?

• JS:

Thanks. It's not actually a fade; it's an opacity fade, where I just take opacity to 0%. 

It doesn't matter if I have it on full or quarter; there is no difference. NONE of my effects are working. It just stays on the opening frame. even though it had played through it. I hope I have explained that properly. If not let me know.

Also, this is the first time this has ever happened to  me. I'm working on several other productions, and I am not having any issues. 

It works in composite, but not in editor. 

My thoughts are, I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to figure it out, when it is faster just to recreate the production. It's just, it has never happened before. 

Thanks again!!

Jody

•  @Itsallanact If I understand you correctly, you're working on several projects in HitFilm, but only one is exhibiting this behavior.  Is that right?  If so, that sounds like a corrupted project file, but only the devs will (might) have any idea how to repair it.  I suggest submitting a support ticket.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment