Hi, can someone define the term fethering (like with masks) for my friend? I honestly couldn't figure out how to define it properly.



  • edited September 2017

    The edge is soft. Like a feather?

    Edit: Apparently not. They used to use actual feathers to retouch photos back in the day.


  • @Palacono  Nice!  Never knew or thought about where the term originated. @D1a1v1e11 I just going to add that I believe the best description of the mechanics of it is that it randomly turns the pixels at the edge transparent according to the strength setting to blend it in, but that article covers it all.

Sign In or Register to comment.