PUPPET ADD-ON?

Anyone know if I can get the puppet tool in an add on pack for express?I really want it but I don't want to buy pro. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

There is no add on pack with the Puppet tool. 

• @triem23. Do you know if there are plans to make one?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

No idea. 

• Thank you for your feedback.

The puppet tool has been added to the latest version of HitFilm Pro, which is 6. The latest version of HitFilm Express is still on version 5. We will consider having an addon pack for the puppet tool when HitFilm Express is updated to version 6. There is no public date for this yet. You can be notified of the release by subscribing to the newsletter.

You can check which version of HitFilm you are running by clicking the logo at the top left of the application.

• It looks like the Puppet Tool is now available as an add-on for Express.  Cool!  Searching for the price now...

• Ok, the Puppet Tool add-on appears to be $25, a reasonable price.  Next question, would I need to upgrade to the latest version of Express to use the Puppet Tool?  The reason I'm pausing here is that upgrading to the latest version of Hitfilm would also require me to upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan, a major pain in the fanny region.

Although I don't understand all the upgrades, which are listed here...

https://fxhome.com/express/whats-new

... what I do understand looks great.  I'm particularly happy to see masking improved, although it will be truly tragic if I can no longer whine about masking.  :-(

I don't really understand the version numbering system for Express, but who cares really.  The main thing is, THANKS FOR THE FREE UPGRADE!

• @PhilTanny Yes, add-ons can only be purchased in the latest version of Express.

• Thanks for confirming that, appreciated.  I think what I'll do is install El Capitan on a 2nd drive when I have the time, and install the new version there.  That way I can have new, and keep everything the way it already is too.  Looking forward to buying the Puppet Tool, been lusting after it since it first came out.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment