Laptop Recommendation

I apologize sincerely if you folks get this question a million times a day, but I'm a newbie and trying to pick a new laptop is making my head spin. I need halp! Haha.

I need something that can run Express. It's going to be mostly for doing 10-minute YouTube videos with some green screen and compositing (mostly goofy stuff, not anything terribly sophisticated).

My budget is at most $1000, but preferably less. I know a desktop would be cheaper, but I'm away from home a lot and want to be able to edit wherever. I'm not opposed to longer rendering times, but the program itself needs to run smoothly.

I found this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H417GR2/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1

And it seems to be a pretty good deal. But the model I can afford (FHD | 16GB | 1TB) does not have SSD and I'm wondering if that would be a dealbreaker. What should I be prioritizing (CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD)?

Anyway, thanks for any help you all can offer me. I want to get started editing so badly but I'd hate to make a poor investment.

Alex

Comments

• @AlexFinesse

For my two cents, I would focus on GPU over SSD.  I don't use one in my desktop but switching to a 6 gb gtx 1060 GPU really made a difference in render speeds and overall performance.  But I'm sure the pros here can tell you much better than I.

• The GPU and the SSD concept was not clear to me and the desktop switching now is 4 GB and the difference in order that I am not getting the speed. But somehow I managed from the Hp Chat Help.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment