[SOLVED] timeline playback error and could not initialize playback engine

edited January 2017 in Express Support

i am having a  problem with the trimmer it says this:

could not initialize playback engine for the media

and it does this for everything i import i also cant playback the timeline but i can preview it and there is no audio

Laptop:

Toshiba Satalite L50D-C

Windows 10 (64-bit)

CPU;AMD A6 7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics

Ram: 8GB

1 HDD

Hitfilm: Hitfilm 4 express 4.0.5723.10801

EDIT: i may have got the CPU description wrong i think it is:

AMD RADEON R5 M330

GRAPHICS: AMD RADEON R4 Graphics

i checked the device manager this time to check what my CPU was

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator
    edited January 2017

Hitfilm 4 Express does not support AMD APUs. Your machine is under minimum specifications to run Hitfilm.

• edited January 2017

but i managed to run it fine on my laptop before. I may have got something in my laptop specs description wrong

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator

It's possible I'm wrong. You might need to wait until Monday for a staff response. They are out for the weekend.

If the software was running correctly before have you installed or uninstalled any other software or added any hardware drivers?

•  i updated my graphics card drivers acouple of weeks ago but hitfilm 4 express was still running fine after that and i also found out that there was a problem with my laptops audio and i have now fixed the problem with my laptopbut i still have to check if it has fixed the problem in hitfilm 4 express

• i also installed software the software is

Kotobee Authour

• the problem is fixed it was a problem with my laptop audio that was causing the problem.

ThankYou For Your Help

• but what did you do...... you didnt explain anything as to what you did to solve the issue.

Sign in to comment

Leave a Comment